Sign in to follow this  
Juri

Australian internet companies forced to block torrent websites

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/world/320537/australian-internet-companies-forced-to-block-torrent-websites

The Australian Federal Court has ordered internet companies to block five copyright-infringing websites, including torrent website The Pirate Bay.

Internet companies across the Tasman now have 15 business days to implement the blocks.

The Federal Court has allowed internet service providers (ISPs) to choose the method of blocking.

It could be DNS blocking, blocking IP addresses, URL blocking or any other technical methods which are mutually agreed to by ISPs and rights holders.

It is the first time the site-blocking laws have been used successfully in Australia, and is a win for copyright holders who have long wanted to see the end of the website.

Good luck niggas, VPN your way out ;)

55 minutes ago, JCBrown said:

Good luck niggas, VPN your way out ;)

Thats actually an unsecured way of doing things. Even though companies try to sell people that a VPN is secure, it is very traceable. 

If you see the first packet IP header with source/destination info, the ISP can still see where you are going and what sites youre visiting. The only thing a VPN protects you from is what you are actually downloading. But if youre using a server thats blacklisted, they can still getcha. 

Edit: Well it wont let me us my image, just trust me lol

25 minutes ago, stephen said:

Thats actually an unsecured way of doing things. Even though companies try to sell people that a VPN is secure, it is very traceable. 

If you see the first packet IP header with source/destination info, the ISP can still see where you are going and what sites youre visiting. The only thing a VPN protects you from is what you are actually downloading. But if youre using a server thats blacklisted, they can still getcha. 

Edit: Well it wont let me us my image, just trust me lol

This only happens if you use a VPN that doesn't encrypt their data lmao, which most companies do these days. If you want to be more secure you use a middleman server i.e Tor with a VPN.

16 hours ago, Solly Polly Olly said:

This only happens if you use a VPN that doesn't encrypt their data lmao, which most companies do these days. If you want to be more secure you use a middleman server i.e Tor with a VPN.

No one ever said they weren't encrypting the data packet payload, but the ip source/destination are always left unencrypted. This allows the ISP or whoever to see what sites youre going too. 

54 minutes ago, stephen said:

No one ever said they weren't encrypting the data packet payload, but the ip source/destination are always left unencrypted. This allows the ISP or whoever to see what sites youre going too. 

How can they trace the ip source/destination if the VPN is acting as a 'middle-man'? They would be tracing the data that is being sent FROM the VPN server to the user (in this case, the source/destination would be the VPN/user). Although, they can detect the VPN server that is blacklisted though.

Also, this site is useful to check if there is actual proper routing.

https://www.dnsleaktest.com/

got purevpn after major torrent sites blocked

well thats gg

nice ping lmfao

rip niggas 

unlucky

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this