Sign in to follow this  
Tokyoanime13

To Give or Not To Give...

PLEASE HELP! Which is better? To give a gift to someone because you care about them and want to show your love & gratitude for them or to respect their wishes when they say receiving a gift when they aren't able to return one makes them feel terrible? I find myself at a conflict around this time of year because I really, and I mean REALLY enjoy giving gifts but then there are individuals who try and guilt me out of giving them anything because they can't give back and I still do it because I want them to pay it forward and I don't expect anything back... Does it make me a bad person to disrespect their wishes and possibly make them feel bad or is it a judgement call for each person? How am I to handle those types of people? If their happiness is the gratitude I'm seeking from gift-giving is it counter-productive to disrespect their refusal of receiving a gift and thus rendering them un-happy? Am I in the wrong to still gift them at that point?

Also, I love you guys and all but I'm not here advertising free RSGP or gifts for you niggas. I'm at a real-life dilemma and am seeking advice/opinion, not trying to explain why I won't give my closest RS friends free stuff.

huh

Give them a gift still, If they look at it in a negative fashion, that is on them.

If they can't understand that you enjoy giving then it's them that have a problem, not you.

They shall evaluate themselves.

I think if people really get offended from you giving, they are dumb. As long as you ensure you aren't seeking anything in return then i don't see a problem with being a good person.

17 hours ago, David said:

huh

Give them gifts - it should make both parties happy

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this