PDQ

Must READ... PDQ says so!

31 posts in this topic

I'm playing RS again, and trying to think of things to script. Seems like jages has XP and other stuff taken care of. So Im trying to think of sometehing that would actualy contribute to the community. 

The tracker would track user name changes. What it solves is account hiding by double name changing. You can already see the last username in RS, and can just use f2p account to track RSNs... But double name changes let players 'avoid' letting you keep track of who's account is actualy who's. My ideal would be an IRC bot(of course) that would keep track of a 'defined unique' account... and most of the name changes it has made. The only names it might miss are the BS names... during a fast double name change it might miss out on the first name change, but still be able to link the 'end' name with the 'starting' name.

Feedback?

Double post plz delete

Also I might as well post about this on this topic... Anyone know who owns the display names PDQ and PlzDieQuick?

PDQ!! Nodari misses PDQ... 

11 minutes ago, PDQ said:

Also I might as well post about this on this topic... Anyone know who owns the display names PDQ and PlzDieQuick?

hmmmmmmmmmmm

3 minutes ago, Nodari said:

PDQ!! Nodari misses PDQ... 

=)   PDQ PDQ PDQ

1 minute ago, Bosha said:

Do you have the answer? Or are you double asking because you want to know?

could be useful

ok

Honestly I'm a bit lost

1 minute ago, Mike-Cera said:

could be useful

Don't know who sniped my display name? I never got an email about the change so I figured you might know. I didn't even think to ask you until just now.

Just now, PDQ said:

Don't know who sniped my display name? I never got an email about the change so I figured you might know. I didn't even think to ask you until just now.

think it was SV or JaJa or ROT when they did mass name changes to random other clanner names lol

1 minute ago, liquid grack said:

ok

Ok. Who posts just OK? PDQ is not impressed with you.

1 minute ago, Lordkilla44 said:

Honestly I'm a bit lost

Thats ok, Some times... Especially if PDQ is involved.

14 minutes ago, Mike-Cera said:

think it was SV or JaJa or ROT when they did mass name changes to random other clanner names lol

And ... RoT just happens to be the people who inspired this ideal.

edit: Can I get a none ugly 'rank' on the forums. This generic gray guest is bumming me out. I didnt see a forum to post this, so its here too.

edit2:

Were the name changes in the last 3 months? The account is showing on the highscores. Does this mean whom ever sniped it put it on the noob account and hasnt changed it? Is that account also a paid account? Didnt they remove free acconts from HS? i dont recall anything about how most of this stuff 'works'.

Not going to ask for rebuilding funds because Ive never accepted GP 'help' before and im not going to start. But if ya'll have tips & Tricks on things that have changed in the last 5 years or so...

.. going to report this to ask about a topic change/move since its nolonger really about the script... I dont seem to be able to delete/edit other than the text as far as i know. I'll try to title change.. but still going to need it moved.

edit3: Since no one else has posted I'll just edit instead of post count whoring.

Looks like I'm a "Friend" ... much better than generic guest.

looks like a good idea but try to do it for discord, irc is dead

You can "Add Note" to friends with OSBuddy

1 minute ago, Edurepin said:

looks like a good idea but try to do it for discord, irc is dead

I'll look into how thats done. I just know the scripting for IRC fairly well because of before, so thats where my mind goes when I think "BOT"

Love your sig. When I was helping lead TT back when it was a brand new baby, I took iron armour as a joke to the start of a PK... The members never let me forget it, for some reason they didnt get that is was a joke, and not being poor like many of them I'd simply return in Rune after my quick death. I feel I probably suffer more for that than I would have for getting kicked for constantly looting.

6 minutes ago, Bludsvept said:

You can "Add Note" to friends with OSBuddy

Oh, I think I recall seeing that on RS3 friends list. So I guess if people really cared they already have a way. 

I got your rsn's.

Lightbulb175 says hello