PDQ

Must READ... PDQ says so!

31 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, Lordkilla44 said:

Honestly I'm a bit lost

ah, good ol third person.

You beat me to the punch line ^

I love me some 3rd person PDQ

OT; the idea is unfortunately outdated i guess. Nobody really cares about this aspect anymore. However, long term it would be a great way to track spies if things magically got better on rs

Welcome back! But yea, I don't think your work on the script would be appreciated enough atm. Discord is the new Irc and when it comes down to the name change thing, it's not really an issue anymore. 

Cool idea.

Welcome back to the forums PDQ, hope you rejoin VR when you are ready! Good to hear from you.

On 12/6/2017 at 5:59 PM, PDQ said:

I'll look into how thats done. I just know the scripting for IRC fairly well because of before, so thats where my mind goes when I think "BOT"

Love your sig. When I was helping lead TT back when it was a brand new baby, I took iron armour as a joke to the start of a PK... The members never let me forget it, for some reason they didnt get that is was a joke, and not being poor like many of them I'd simply return in Rune after my quick death. I feel I probably suffer more for that than I would have for getting kicked for constantly looting.

@Rscimmygod @Abkb

On 12/6/2017 at 6:53 PM, Edurepin said:

looks like a good idea but try to do it for discord, irc is dead

There are algorithms out there I'm pretty sure. I actually had this idea in development through my client when I used to play this shitty game.

Best advice: I'm assuming RS is letting you query for information (how else would you grab information? If in game, you would need to build a client or use a client allowing custom scripting. I suggest a bot client if you have no idea how to make a client and develop a script to pull information.) about a player, so just build a php script that queries that information and store it in a database. Then build another php script that queries your database for final output (webpage).

2 hours ago, Solly Polly Olly said:

There are algorithms out there I'm pretty sure. I actually had this idea in development through my client when I used to play this shitty game.

Best advice: I'm assuming RS is letting you query for information (how else would you grab information? If in game, you would need to build a client or use a client allowing custom scripting. I suggest a bot client if you have no idea how to make a client and develop a script to pull information.) about a player, so just build a php script that queries that information and store it in a database. Then build another php script that queries your database for final output (webpage).

:PogChamp:

Hey try make an alt for gold so you can level your main I suggest a c ball alt takes about 30 mins to set up :) GL