Do you agree with capital punishment?

Evizu

Lacrosse
2 minutes ago, Evizu said:

Seems fairly straight forward that you put those types of criminals in with people who commited non-dangerous crimes or just seperate them completely. If it happens that frequently there should be investigations about whether the prison can actually fulfill it's responsibility. I'm sure that families would be able to sue the prisons for neglegence in some cases?

Just to me, people deserve jail for their crimes. Take away their freedom until they are reformed and such. But no need for any further 'punishment'.

Maybe the big difference is many prisons are privately owned and trying to make profit. Not sure. 

I definitely agree that reform should be the first course of action in 99% of cases, but when you have removed the freedom from another human (aka murder or serial murder) or have effected a child for a lifetime of mental illness. I believe you gave up your freedom at that point. 

SetSisSenk
1 hour ago, Ando said:

I feel like anyone who has taken a life, there’s should be forfeited however they should get a choice: life time of hard labour, or death penalty, but I don’t think the death penalty should be a injection I think each death penalty should be related to the crime they’ve committed. Would stop a lot of crime and murders.

I also think rapist and pedophiles should be castrated.

my only issue is sometimes innocent people do get found guilty, so for these to happen a jury must be fully onboard with a guilty verdict (each member of the jury finds the defendant guilty), if they all don’t find the defendant guilty then that’s when prison should be used. 

"lifetime of hard labour, or death penalty"

Governments will be locking people up and  falsely accuse without fair trail if they could get free hard labour. This has happened in America and in a way it's still happening. It's slavery 2.0.

Life in prison is ineffective, it doesn't deter a murderer from killing. The punishment shouldn't be "one size fits all". We need to look at motives when it comes to punishment for any crime. 

& yes, I absolutely support capital punishment. What purpose do inhumane people serve in our society? 

Evizu
6 minutes ago, 765 said:

"lifetime of hard labour, or death penalty"

Governments will be locking people up and  falsely accuse without fair trail if they could get free hard labour. This has happened in America and in a way it's still happening. It's slavery 2.0.

Life in prison is ineffective, it doesn't deter a murderer from killing. The punishment shouldn't be "one size fits all". We need to look at motives when it comes to punishment for any crime. 

& yes, I absolutely support capital punishment. What purpose do inhumane people serve in our society? 

Does the death penalty deter someone from killing? I don't believe that criminals think about the punishment before committing their crimes in most cases. I've read a lot of things that say the death pen is not a deterrant, in many countries not just USA.

I agree completely with the part about governments not being able to get away with having too much power or being able to execute/silence people without fair trials etc. That's why I don't trust them with the death penalty.

Robelink

No.

I don't think the government has the right to take a life, much of this because it used as a tool for control, not justice. I feel like many governments are not interested in justice, but rather suppression and control. By using the death penalty so arbitrarily, each government set their own definitions for what’s “unacceptable” in society and what’s an adequate punishment. I think for severe crimes, prison with hard labour is more than enough. 

Also, it can't be undone if new evidence is found. We have many cases about people who had been punished with the death penalty and were proven innocent later.

Rangel_
1 hour ago, Runearquero said:

ye, death penalty should be a must for some crimes

i agree 

FOR SOME CRIMES 

Depends if its straight up murder then ye but if someone for example breaks into ur house and u kill them or they attempt rape and the victim kills them then I don't think that should be an offence which nowadays it is.

Sparze

Only cases that should be given death penalty if its 100% caught on camera confirmed with DNA and and eyewitness. There have been to many people on deathrow who have later shown that they are innocent with a simple DNA test.

Sparze

People killing children should be killed off 1 month after death sentence. WTF is the point of holding them for 20 years before we kill them. 

Diegosage

I don't know...

Morally it's a grey area, I can't comment.

Practically I would think that under extreme situations it could be the best choice. If it's someone who, if the chance ever comes by them again, will commit violent crimes without hesitation. It might be the only way to ensure that they are not a threat in the future ever again if they escape, or are somehow released. Then there's the question of the costs, should taxes pay for a criminal to spend a lifetime in prison?

Maybe the U.S. should do what they did in the past, ship them all off to Australia and let them fend for themselves in the bush 

Tough question there, bud. But the way I see it is the severity of the crime. That can be taken in many ways of course but if you're a serial killer. Yeah, you deserve it -.-

I don't think so, around 4% of people who have been executed on death row have since been proven to be innocent. To me, that is shocking. I'm also not really sure that the government/a judge/jury should have the right to decide whether a human lives or dies

Yes I believe it should be allowed for severe crimes, as long as there is irrefutable evidence. Some people are too evil to be left alive. 

Edited by Cryptic

oo i mage i

yes under certain conditions that i read in here...solid proof+being a danger to society in the future/no way of fixing the fella

oo i mage i

+ make it fast, wtf is the point of wasting tax money on them, just kill em

Bolton Squad

The human side of me doesn't want to take away someones life regardless of the crime. Keeping them in jail for life is basically enough torture. 

They have no freedoms and their life is technically taken away as many don't see the light of day. It's better to just keep them locked up instead depending on the severity of the crime committed.