Do you agree with capital punishment?

Evizu

Evizu

Do you agree with the death penalty or do you think it should be made illegal?

Was watching a movie earlier which made me think about it as it's still practiced in America. It was abolished in the UK in 1965.

Tocksick

Tough. I feel like some peoples actions have made the choice for them but the Christian side tells me that nobody should have that kind of power to decide someone’s life

I feel like anyone who has taken a life, there’s should be forfeited however they should get a choice: life time of hard labour, or death penalty, but I don’t think the death penalty should be a injection I think each death penalty should be related to the crime they’ve committed. Would stop a lot of crime and murders.

I also think rapist and pedophiles should be castrated.

my only issue is sometimes innocent people do get found guilty, so for these to happen a jury must be fully onboard with a guilty verdict (each member of the jury finds the defendant guilty), if they all don’t find the defendant guilty then that’s when prison should be used. 

Evizu
4 minutes ago, Tocksick said:

Tough. I feel like some peoples actions have made the choice for them but the Christian side tells me that nobody should have that kind of power to decide someone’s life

I would say the same in regards to not allowing governments, politicians or judges etc to be able to decide whether someone lives or dies. How many of those people are corrupt/liars/unethical? They are exposed all the time for their shady dealings in order to stay in power.

I think everyone has the right to life. No man should be able to decide whether someone else is executed. Life in prison is more justifyable for me.

Rj Deathlord

Podophiles / rapist should get fucking raped therselves then executed of a slow death, let the victims torcher them to death imo 

Evizu
5 minutes ago, Ando said:

I feel like anyone who has taken a life, there’s should be forfeited however they should get a choice: life time of hard labour, or death penalty, but I don’t think the death penalty should be a injection I think each death penalty should be related to the crime they’ve committed. Would stop a lot of crime and murders.

I also think rapist and pedophiles should be castrated.

my only issue is sometimes innocent people do get found guilty, so for these to happen a jury must be fully onboard with a guilty verdict (each member of the jury finds the defendant guilty), if they all don’t find the defendant guilty then that’s when prison should be used. 

There isn't much to say that the death penalty acts as a deterrent. I don't think that people who committ crimes are thinking about what the punishment would be before doing it. They do it out of things like despair, desperation or have motives such as money/passion. 

Like you say, there are issues where someone is innocent- thats a life gone. The act is irreversible and even one innocent person executed is one too many for me.

I can see why some people would have strong opinions about an eye for an eye, or castration/other methods of punishment but they all seem fairly barbaric to me. Prison time is sufficient to take those people out of society. I think we are becoming more civilised and shouldn't drag ourselves down.

Evizu
13 minutes ago, Rj Deathlord said:

Podophiles / rapist should get fucking raped therselves then executed of a slow death, let the victims torcher them to death imo 

Is that the type of country you want to live in? I believe there are mobs of uncivilized farmers in africa and the back end of afghanistan where they have that type of punishment for crimes!

& this is why we don't let victims/families decide punishments and have highly educated impartial judges and legal professionals for that. they are blinded or swayed by emotion.

Rj Deathlord
22 minutes ago, Evizu said:

Is that the type of country you want to live in? I believe there are mobs of uncivilized farmers in africa and the back end of afghanistan where they have that type of punishment for crimes!

& this is why we don't let victims/families decide punishments and have highly educated impartial judges and legal professionals for that. they are blinded or swayed by emotion.

might stop some little cretins raping little kids.

IF i had a daughter for example and someone raped her, or raped my misses i'd happily torture that cunt to death 

Erika.
45 minutes ago, Rj Deathlord said:

I like u

Lacrosse

Absolutely. I live in one of the states that still practice this. 

I do think it needs to be absolutely proven in the court and needs to be for heinous crimes (pedophilia, murder, etc.). There are plenty of people who get multiple life sentences and are sucking off the teet of tax payer money. The same tax payer that could've had their family member effected by the criminal.

At that point just kill the fucker, super cheap for lethal injection, and they don't even feel pain. 

The other thing I find fascinating about American prisons (maybe in other countries I'm just not aware), is that pedophiles are generally found dead anyway. Other prisoners generally find pedophiles to be the lowest of the low and will beat them to death. I'm sure most of the guys would've rather just had lethal injection. 

Evizu
27 minutes ago, Rj Deathlord said:

might stop some little cretins raping little kids.

IF i had a daughter for example and someone raped her, or raped my misses i'd happily torture that cunt to death 

Of course you would. Most people would but it doesn't make it the right thing to do in our society, it just drags us down to a terrible and barbaric level.

Evizu
8 minutes ago, Guthix nipL said:

I do think it needs to be absolutely proven in the court and needs to be for heinous crimes (pedophilia, murder, etc.). There are plenty of people who get multiple life sentences and are sucking off the teet of tax payer money. The same tax payer that could've had their family member effected by the criminal.

At that point just kill the fucker, super cheap for lethal injection, and they don't even feel pain. 

The other thing I find fascinating about American prisons (maybe in other countries I'm just not aware), is that pedophiles are generally found dead anyway. Other prisoners generally find pedophiles to be the lowest of the low and will beat them to death. I'm sure most of the guys would've rather just had lethal injection. 

I don't know how true that is about american prisons - don't they seperate people with those types of crimes from other inmates? I would say that prisons have a duty of care to the prisoners and should protect their human rights regardless of their crimes.

Evizu
16 minutes ago, Guthix nipL said:

I think that it's been reported in america that it costs more to sentence someone to death than it does to keep them locked up for life. I imagine through all the legal requirements necessary to ensure that the person is guilty and such.

Lacrosse
6 minutes ago, Evizu said:

I don't know how true that is about american prisons - don't they seperate people with those types of crimes from other inmates? I would say that prisons have a duty of care to the prisoners and should protect their human rights regardless of their crimes.

They try too, and they do have a responsibility to do so yes. Whether it's funding, the dangerous nature of the jobs, or the guards believe it too.. somehow these guys still end up dead. There are articles about it all the time. 

I'm not an expert on the matter in anyway shape or form, but when it happens as frequently as we hear about it, there is something definitely happening. 

Lacrosse
2 minutes ago, Evizu said:

I think that it's been reported in america that it costs more to sentence someone to death than it does to keep them locked up for life. I imagine through all the legal requirements necessary to ensure that the person is guilty and such.

could be a lot of truth about that, legal fees are through the roof. Most corps. will settle out of court if you accuse them of anything. 

Evizu
1 minute ago, Guthix nipL said:

They try too, and they do have a responsibility to do so yes. Whether it's funding, the dangerous nature of the jobs, or the guards believe it too.. somehow these guys still end up dead. There are articles about it all the time. 

I'm not an expert on the matter in anyway shape or form, but when it happens as frequently as we hear about it, there is something definitely happening. 

Seems fairly straight forward that you put those types of criminals in with people who commited non-dangerous crimes or just seperate them completely. If it happens that frequently there should be investigations about whether the prison can actually fulfill it's responsibility. I'm sure that families would be able to sue the prisons for neglegence in some cases?

Just to me, people deserve jail for their crimes. Take away their freedom until they are reformed and such. But no need for any further 'punishment'.