Imprisonment for posting memes?

Ando

Saw a news article today where a ex British police officer has been sent to prison for 20 days for being found guilty of posted offensive pictures of George floyd after his death.

With that being said I believe he’s been made a example of because he should have better morales as he’s would’ve classed as a higher person in society due to his profession, with that being said do you think it’s right? Or are people like me and think freedom of speech is slowly being taken away from us, the pictures was sent in a private what’s app group, not ment to cause public offence. What’s your take on it and will other people be prosecuted further? If so I’m deleting my iCloud!

AA0B0085-4F4B-4724-9343-8DF12BEABFEE.png

Evizu

Yes they have made an example out of this fella, but you have to be conscious these days when you're a public servant... 

On the other hand I think that there shouldn't be imprisonment or such a harsh penalty because it's private conversations/groups. I can understand why you would lose your job if it was exposed though.

• 1 month later...

Much like economic markets cycle in short-term and long-term, so does human history and social/socio-political behavior. Simply said, periods of moderation alter with times of extremism. Thesis, antitheses, synthesis, you know how that goes. As much as left wingers love to claim the Nazi party was ideologically far-right and use it as an excuse to justify extreme anti-libertarian, anti-democratic measures and law nowadays such as limiting the freedom of speech, even in fucking private conversation, the Nazi party was still essentially left-winged with right-wing nationalistic policies and you guessed it, a buttload of gender/race politics. They're so obsessed with avoiding another Nazi Party that the current far left is becoming scarily similar. 

No matter how you spin it, George Floyd was a criminal resisting arrest, high on drugs that contributed majorly to his death.  Instead of seeing it for what it was and installing actual justice, it was used by far-left extremists to justify and start world-wide protests, destruction, theft and draconian law, all based on extremist ideology. The police officer, much like this one, was jailed to make a political point and out of fear for social escalation. Given how social and mainstream media has made a major part of stupid individuals in society a lot more vocal, waving farewell to objectivity, my guess is on good ol' medieval witch hunts and escalating politically-fueled conflict/crime or worse, war/genocide. Just look at how the public handled Depp vs Heard, look at braindead politicians like AOC or even the last two American Presidents. It's happening globally as well. If you think that bodes well for how the next few decades will play out, I'd have to disappoint you. As usual, some drastic conflict will have to play out for both sides to alter their state into more cooperative governing and legislation. This kind of shit is merely the beginning.