Nov 30 - Smoking DR

Should Southgate go?

Ando

After a abysmal 4 games in the nations league has this made Gareth Southgates England job tenable, where does he have to finish in the World Cup to keep his job?

For me I think he’s gone unless he wins the whole thing, his style of play is questionable and his choice of tactics when going 1-0 down are also very questionable especially to “lesser” sides.  

Evizu

There isn't anybody that could replace him especially not this close to the World Cup.

I think if he doesn't win it he will walk anyways.

10 hours ago, Evizu said:

There isn't anybody that could replace him especially not this close to the World Cup.

I think if he doesn't win it he will walk anyways.

People are saying there is no one to replace him, everyone has tunnel vision and has aspirations for the next manager to be English….

English managers have never won the premier league

English managers haven’t got a top 4 position in their most prestigious league in the last 20 or so years? 
English managers seem to fall short at every hurdle when ticking the boxes.

My choice for the next England manager would be Arsen Wenger, here’s why:

He’s always been in touch with English football since joining the board of the FA.

He competed with one of the best Manchester United sides with ever seen on a show string budget.

Even in arsenals massive decline he still had the tactical ability to finish in the top 4 even in his final few seasons.

In arsen we trust 

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2022 at 9:56 AM, Ando said:

People are saying there is no one to replace him, everyone has tunnel vision and has aspirations for the next manager to be English….

English managers have never won the premier league

English managers haven’t got a top 4 position in their most prestigious league in the last 20 or so years? 
English managers seem to fall short at every hurdle when ticking the boxes.

My choice for the next England manager would be Arsen Wenger, here’s why:

He’s always been in touch with English football since joining the board of the FA.

He competed with one of the best Manchester United sides with ever seen on a show string budget.

Even in arsenals massive decline he still had the tactical ability to finish in the top 4 even in his final few seasons.

In arsen we trust 

The literally is no one to replace him tho who will take that role lol. Poch wouldn't take the England job but Graham potter is a decent shout tbf.

• 7 months later...