Fight that you will always remember?

Ando

D2master12

#1 2009 VR vs Everyone 
Team VR (VR+DK) vs Everyone (DF, CoR, EOS, ROT, TT and others) - 100 people vs 300 people+ starting

Winner: Team VR

This was the most fun, satisfying, rewarding fight that I ever had and trust me I was in a lottt of them. What led up to this fight is that VR had become so massive and so dominate (unbiased opinion - I think the highest peak any clan ever achieved in terms of pure power) that no one would fight them. VR had what I consider to be the best fall in line up in the history of RS with Cera S6, Lukas, Radicalsurfu, Arma150, Empire Mind, Kaochin and myself among many others great callers and were completely dominating every other clan to the point of no clans wanting to fight us. VR started doing what no other F2P top clan had done which was intentionally crash top clans fights with the intention of fighting 2v1. Clans fought back at first, but VR was too massive and relentless to compete with and the clan world became inactive for several weeks while no one dared to go into the wild. On this day, VR had gone flightless for several weeks and sporadically decided to check the wilderness on a Saturday with about 100 people to surprisingly get blind side rushed by every other top clan for a massive cluster fight which VR ended up winning. We had gotten used to everyone being afraid to fight us and we had ended 2 clans vs VR with relative ease prior to this, but I remember my initial reaction was, "oh shit, what do we do? can we really take on 4-5 of the next best clans at the same time?" I don't know how no one in VR saw it coming, but when we got rushed, everyone in VR was surprised and for a few seconds TS was like..."oh fuck." Then someone started calling piles and in the private leadership chat Evizu said to fight them and we announced on teamspeak that we were going to take on DF, CoR, EOS, ROT, TT with the intention of winning. Everyone's reaction was, "FUCK YEAH!" I remember making a short speech on our teamspeak that everyone needs to understand that we were going to be heavily out numbered for a big portion of the fight but if everyone kept returning and didnt get offline that we would beat all of the other top clans. Not only did it seem like impossible odds, but the #1 clan beating the #2+#3+#4, etc had never happened before in the clan world. But to me, and I think everyone in VR, knowing this is what what fueled us to win. We knew it was going to be hard, but we also knew that we had everything we needed to do it. Everyone buckled down and we fought hard and ended up winning this fight. I can't remember how long the fight lasted, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those 15+ hour fights. I know it's just a game but winning this fight was such a great feeling of accomplishment and feeling of comradery that everyone in VR shared that day. Honestly, I think moments like those are what made clan communities so close and what holds the relationships that were made 15+ years ago together to this day. 

#2 2007 Classic CoR Vs DF Rivalry fights
Winner: Both

For anyone who doesn't know the biggest rivalry in the history of the game, CoR and DF, actually started because of a failed alliance between CoR leader Robtokill and DF leader Death240. Death240 did an alliance with CoR without talking to the members about it, the DF members didn’t like it, and then Death backed out immediately and Rob freaked out and forever venged to destroy DF (special thanks to 1 of DF's first leaders Bunty for clarifying). Also for the record - I am giving more background than a lot of you may think is necessary because I don't know how much longer any of us will remember this stuff . Anyway, since that day there has always been a lot of hatred between the clans and literally a, "destroy and kill" attitude between the clans which still hasn't gone away for a lot of you to this day xD. What made the rivalry great is that both clans were always fighting in the top 3 and now jumping forward to 2007, often the power swings would go back and forth with who was the #1 clan for the weekend. The debate over who was better I will leave up to you. 

In 2007, fights between DF and CoR happened frequently and sometimes twice a week every weekend all lasting in the 9+ hour range. Sad that I have to mention this in today's era, but these fights were also clean 1v1 fights with no outside interference. There was minimal crashing, no ddosing, no meddling  with the other clans in anyway (besides A LOT of shit talking and flaming xD). These fights were great and everyone who experienced them knows how intense they were. Some big name mentions from DF's side were Legolas, Veseble, Flinstoneman, and Lil2. Some big name mentions for CoR were Andy4309, Chopa234, Robtokill, and Ngaged.

#3 2007 First Cluster Alliance fights - Largest fight in RS history?

Team CoR (CoR, DI ,Titans, and Collision) vs Team DF (DF, VR, EH, CL, and SE) ft. NH clans like Rot, NI who sided with CoR

Winner: Team DF

5K3L5tu.png

7pPjWHp.png

Corruption, Titans and Collision Starting picture (240 people)

During this time, we were right in the middle of the heated rivalry fights between CoR and DF during a time when CoR had the slight edge and was #1 with DF being a close #2. But from my memory, there was a lot of controversy over who the real winners of fights were because the crashing done by NI+Rot had big impacts in the fights for all of the top clans of this era. Basically from I remember what started these cluster fights is that for example; CoR would fight DF, NI+Rot would crash DF, VR would ac for DF and kill NI+Rot then DI would go out to hit VR, then EH would come out to AC the original NI+RoT crashing CoR vs DF, then TT would go out to hit EH and so on. 

Each clan fought as an individual unit so you had 10+ clans all logged into the same world all having their individual battles. I remember actually some people choosing to return in f2p because the battle world had the maximum amount of players logged in and often if you chose to return in p2p by a gdz teleport and then log into f2p you had to wait a while to log back into f2p until someone else had logged out. Once things got going, it was basically a free for all where you attacked anyone from the opposing side. It was pretty cool because at random times in the fight different clans would struggle. For example, maybe DI would struggle and need to regroup for an hour while CoR+TT+COL went on the offensive and so on. And then TT+COL would need to regroup and DI had to come be back on the offensive. This fight was called, "the largest fight in runescape history" and I'm not sure it was ever overtaken. Although the side I was on lost this fight, a big cluster fight like this had never happened before and it was really exciting to be apart of. 

I Recall the olden times of the black tops and pink robe bottoms. The name of the clan was PBS. It was no joke. 

I was High Councillor in 420 back in February of this year and was pinged at 3am several times by Dcranger to log on. We had been out a couple of hours beforehand and I thought we were done for the night so I was just chilling. Turns out he had continued the trip after I had left and had bumped into Deathrow. I got in 2 hours into them fighting at New Gate and scrapped with DR for 3 hours. After 5 hours total DR evacuated. You can see the ending here -> 

I was very proud of us that night. One of the many victories we took over DR this year. But not all good things last.

My second favourite fight was against the Boys at Bandit camp. It was a singles spell fight, December 2021. A bunch of teams/clans found us fighting and tried to single to multi us. This was before the recent updates to singles. In spite of being crash neither of us ran and stayed for the cap. The Boys ended up teleporting out and we took a victory. It was an extremely fun fight. Very chaotic. I love that shit.

On 6/22/2022 at 9:22 PM, D2master12 said:

#1 2009 VR vs Everyone 
Team VR (VR+DK) vs Everyone (DF, CoR, EOS, ROT, TT and others) - 100 people vs 300 people+ starting

Winner: Team VR

This was the most fun, satisfying, rewarding fight that I ever had and trust me I was in a lottt of them. What led up to this fight is that VR had become so massive and so dominate (unbiased opinion - I think the highest peak any clan ever achieved in terms of pure power) that no one would fight them. VR had what I consider to be the best fall in line up in the history of RS with Cera S6, Lukas, Radicalsurfu, Arma150, Empire Mind, Kaochin and myself among many others great callers and were completely dominating every other clan to the point of no clans wanting to fight us. VR started doing what no other F2P top clan had done which was intentionally crash top clans fights with the intention of fighting 2v1. Clans fought back at first, but VR was too massive and relentless to compete with and the clan world became inactive for several weeks while no one dared to go into the wild. On this day, VR had gone flightless for several weeks and sporadically decided to check the wilderness on a Saturday with about 100 people to surprisingly get blind side rushed by every other top clan for a massive cluster fight which VR ended up winning. We had gotten used to everyone being afraid to fight us and we had ended 2 clans vs VR with relative ease prior to this, but I remember my initial reaction was, "oh shit, what do we do? can we really take on 4-5 of the next best clans at the same time?" I don't know how no one in VR saw it coming, but when we got rushed, everyone in VR was surprised and for a few seconds TS was like..."oh fuck." Then someone started calling piles and in the private leadership chat Evizu said to fight them and we announced on teamspeak that we were going to take on DF, CoR, EOS, ROT, TT with the intention of winning. Everyone's reaction was, "FUCK YEAH!" I remember making a short speech on our teamspeak that everyone needs to understand that we were going to be heavily out numbered for a big portion of the fight but if everyone kept returning and didnt get offline that we would beat all of the other top clans. Not only did it seem like impossible odds, but the #1 clan beating the #2+#3+#4, etc had never happened before in the clan world. But to me, and I think everyone in VR, knowing this is what what fueled us to win. We knew it was going to be hard, but we also knew that we had everything we needed to do it. Everyone buckled down and we fought hard and ended up winning this fight. I can't remember how long the fight lasted, but I'm pretty sure it was one of those 15+ hour fights. I know it's just a game but winning this fight was such a great feeling of accomplishment and feeling of comradery that everyone in VR shared that day. Honestly, I think moments like those are what made clan communities so close and what holds the relationships that were made 15+ years ago together to this day. 

#2 2007 Classic CoR Vs DF Rivalry fights
Winner: Both

For anyone who doesn't know the biggest rivalry in the history of the game, CoR and DF, actually started because of a failed alliance between CoR leader Robtokill and DF leader Death240. Death240 did an alliance with CoR without talking to the members about it, the DF members didn’t like it, and then Death backed out immediately and Rob freaked out and forever venged to destroy DF (special thanks to 1 of DF's first leaders Bunty for clarifying). Also for the record - I am giving more background than a lot of you may think is necessary because I don't know how much longer any of us will remember this stuff . Anyway, since that day there has always been a lot of hatred between the clans and literally a, "destroy and kill" attitude between the clans which still hasn't gone away for a lot of you to this day xD. What made the rivalry great is that both clans were always fighting in the top 3 and now jumping forward to 2007, often the power swings would go back and forth with who was the #1 clan for the weekend. The debate over who was better I will leave up to you. 

In 2007, fights between DF and CoR happened frequently and sometimes twice a week every weekend all lasting in the 9+ hour range. Sad that I have to mention this in today's era, but these fights were also clean 1v1 fights with no outside interference. There was minimal crashing, no ddosing, no meddling  with the other clans in anyway (besides A LOT of shit talking and flaming xD). These fights were great and everyone who experienced them knows how intense they were. Some big name mentions from DF's side were Legolas, Veseble, Flinstoneman, and Lil2. Some big name mentions for CoR were Andy4309, Chopa234, Robtokill, and Ngaged.

#3 2007 First Cluster Alliance fights - Largest fight in RS history?

Team CoR (CoR, DI ,Titans, and Collision) vs Team DF (DF, VR, EH, CL, and SE) ft. NH clans like Rot, NI who sided with CoR

Winner: Team DF

5K3L5tu.png

7pPjWHp.png

Corruption, Titans and Collision Starting picture (240 people)

During this time, we were right in the middle of the heated rivalry fights between CoR and DF during a time when CoR had the slight edge and was #1 with DF being a close #2. But from my memory, there was a lot of controversy over who the real winners of fights were because the crashing done by NI+Rot had big impacts in the fights for all of the top clans of this era. Basically from I remember what started these cluster fights is that for example; CoR would fight DF, NI+Rot would crash DF, VR would ac for DF and kill NI+Rot then DI would go out to hit VR, then EH would come out to AC the original NI+RoT crashing CoR vs DF, then TT would go out to hit EH and so on. 

Each clan fought as an individual unit so you had 10+ clans all logged into the same world all having their individual battles. I remember actually some people choosing to return in f2p because the battle world had the maximum amount of players logged in and often if you chose to return in p2p by a gdz teleport and then log into f2p you had to wait a while to log back into f2p until someone else had logged out. Once things got going, it was basically a free for all where you attacked anyone from the opposing side. It was pretty cool because at random times in the fight different clans would struggle. For example, maybe DI would struggle and need to regroup for an hour while CoR+TT+COL went on the offensive and so on. And then TT+COL would need to regroup and DI had to come be back on the offensive. This fight was called, "the largest fight in runescape history" and I'm not sure it was ever overtaken. Although the side I was on lost this fight, a big cluster fight like this had never happened before and it was really exciting to be apart of. 

Good god my man, I didn't know you were trying to get a best seller :D

• Haha 1