What is your honest opinion about the police in America?

Chris

Obviously with cases like the George Floyd incident it caused divided opinions but what is your take on the police in America? Are they racist? Do they abuse their power? 

Tocksick

I live here, there is no extreme racism against minorities, it's just what you see on TV. Look at statistics on which race dies to police the most and you'll see it's white people. Is there a police brutality issue? Sure. Do they draw and fire weapons too quickly? Sure. 

I don't live in the US so I wouldn't know what to say exactly since I don't see it first hand but I will never judge something off of what I see in the "news". However, what @Tocksicksaid above is something I definitely agree upon. 

Feel bad for the majority of them, who are good people. Always going to have bad apples in any job, just nobody cares if they work at Walmart.

Police in the US must always be on edge, you don't know when someone's going to pull out a weapon, where as here in Europe 99.9% of the time you can walk up to a car and be fine.

Mike-Cera

like anything theres good and bad for every profession. I'm sure there are a lot of bad cops but also great ones.

Sparze

I live in new york and we do have many dick head cops but also comes with the territory I guess we got to many apes running around shooting up places 

in more rural areas, police are pretty chill. its the major metro areas with gang violence that the police get a bit trigger happy, but that's more a result of gang violence and crime in general being much higher in densely populated areas. you can have a listen to what kind of shit they have to put up with on the daily here https://www.broadcastify.com/webPlayer/31652

the police brutality thing gets pushed hard because its a political tool.

1 hour ago, Matty said:

Feel bad for the majority of them, who are good people. Always going to have bad apples in any job, just nobody cares if they work at Walmart.

Police in the US must always be on edge, you don't know when someone's going to pull out a weapon, where as here in Europe 99.9% of the time you can walk up to a car and be fine.

You're delusional/have never been to the States if you believe this isn't the same in the USA.

Rangel_

In Brazill things are much worse, we just dont make it a Drama about it.

it is what it is, there will always be good cops and bad cops, thats it.