What is your honest opinion about the police in America?

Chris

Bolton Squad

There are bad apples in every profession. 

The media pushes the narrative that white cops are "hunting" black men cause they are racist. Cops have a family to go to at the end of the day. I know plenty of cops and they are genuine people who have a target on their backs due to the media brainwashing the masses thus causing anger to go after them. Statistics show that white people get killed by cops more than blacks. My advice is turn the t.v. off. 

20 minutes ago, Bolton Squad said:

There are bad apples in every profession. 

The media pushes the narrative that white cops are "hunting" black men cause they are racist. Cops have a family to go to at the end of the day. I know plenty of cops and they are genuine people who have a target on their backs due to the media brainwashing the masses thus causing anger to go after them. Statistics show that white people get killed by cops more than blacks. My advice is turn the t.v. off. 

True that

The Master Chief

I think the US  Police get an extremely bad rap by the rest of the world, most Police forces, if you stop someone in a car or need to enter a house it's more than likely they don't have a gun on them whereas in America they very much could. For US police every call could be their last. Not only that, the negative stuff is almost always the only stuff publicized because white police officer has a completely normal traffic stop with armed black man doesn't really sell headlines

The media is 200% anti cop and is pushing a narrative. The vast majority of police and good and risk their lives for people who they don't know.  There are around 700K police in USA and 54K police departments, taking those numbers into consideration most people who are anti cop can only think of 1-2 bad cases. I live in NY and a lot of people think cops are cowboys running around shooting people for fun, 99.9% of cops will never even be in an officer involved shooting.

In NY we have stupid bail reform laws and some of the police officers I know keep arresting the same people over and over for serious issues, they do this because the courts let them right back out. One officer told me he arrested one guy 6 times in 3 months for shooting at people, robbery, selling drugs, and being a pedo. The courts keep letting the guy out.

Diegosage

I think they are fine people. Great people. A lot of dignified and honorable people say that the cops deserve more thanks than they get. These are statements from smart people not me, so believe me, they know what they are talking about.