Should Jagex remove the Duel Arena?

Evizu

Removal of DA  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex remove duel arena?

Should Jagex remove the duel arena from the game or at least restrict the staking element of it?

A high percentage of the players there are trying to scam.

It is heavily influenced by RWTing.

It is uncontrolled virtual gambling which causes a lot of players some serious problems.

I don't see any positives to keeping it. What do you think?

Empire Mind

They should remove it. I like going there to try and win extra money, but it isn't worth it as most people stake way more then they can afford.

Just now, Empire Mind said:

They should remove it. I like going there to try and win extra money, but it isn't worth it as most people stake way more then they can afford.

I think it cleans most scapers at some stage. The big money RWTers have the deepest pockets so they smash the normal players. 

Probably also causes ppl to mass buy gold to chuck too.

I do like staking, but i dont do it anymore due to the amount of scammers. Takes ages finding stakes and you gotta be very switched on

Get rid of it like it's a bad hsbbit. Place causes more problems then anything that's for sure. Hell I bet it even makes people quit the game entirely. 

I think could to give option inside the own account , like to ban it during some years.

The big question that people are benefited from it secretly.

Another good option could be untradeable items forever, you buy an item tradeable after to go some special npc to turn up it untradeable, so could be good to people who are addiction and same time is safe, because same if happen something on your account, nobody cannot to sell it because is untradeable

SetSisSenk
3 hours ago, Berto said:

No.

Should the world ban gambling? no

This. 

However the duel arena system itself isn't 50/50 because of PID. So imo duel arena needs to go but if theres a demand for a way to gamble, Jagex should come up with a new way. 

3 hours ago, Berto said:

No.

Should the world ban gambling? no

There are restrictions in place where gambling is legal. E.g. you need to be a certain age, you have limits you can stake, limits you can deposit, you can self-exlude yourself or gambling companies have to ask you questions about your gambling/welfare when there are trends etc.

None of that applies in RS, where people are just freely chucking thousands of pounds worth of GP in seconds, over and over again without question.

26 minutes ago, 765 said:

This. 

However the duel arena system itself isn't 50/50 because of PID. So imo duel arena needs to go but if theres a demand for a way to gamble, Jagex should come up with a new way. 

I agree actually that if there was a necessary need for a way to gamble, it shouldn't be duel arena. There are far too many scammers. Just have a 50/50 game somewhere against the computer. I guess that would also help with the sink.

no shouldn't be banned people should be able to make choice of what they want to do with their money. Also just because you get rid of the duel arena dosen't mean you get rid of gambling if jagex is against gambling in osrs they should atleast control it.