Should Jagex remove the Duel Arena?

Evizu

Removal of DA  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Should Jagex remove duel arena?

Diegosage

I think the gold sink is good for the game, the tax on GP for winning a duel. 

It could do with better regulations though, such as equalizing both player's stats and weapons or showing the chance to win based on differences in stats and if you get first hit or not. 

For example, make the only way to stake with a whip and no armor, maybe mage box if that's even a thing anymore and make it obvious and unchangeable which one you are doing in the del set up. Just a couple options with preset rules (armors all disabled, and you aren't able to swap them out since that's the duel's default). Automatically equip a whip for each person when it starts, and, I'm sure they could create some kind of simulator that would say how many duels you would win out of X times based on your levels and first hit and second hit, they can exclude the +3 stats you get from style switching so that people who swap them can still feel like they have the upper hand over the long run by a fraction of a percent

Level 123 vs level 119

First hit: 56% chance to win

Second hit: 44% chance to win

So that it's not a 50/50, and that players will know to tweak the odds (like 1.2x stake, ect) based on if they think they will get first hit or not

On 11/28/2020 at 6:18 PM, Evizu said:

I agree actually that if there was a necessary need for a way to gamble, it shouldn't be duel arena. There are far too many scammers. Just have a 50/50 game somewhere against the computer. I guess that would also help with the sink.

There's a million scam websites vs real ones, doesn't mean they should remove the internet. It weeds out the spastics. 

But aye would be a solid gold sink just a 50/50 with game + tax, people would still probably lose bank.

Yes. I got from a 900m bank to over 8Bil and then lost it all. The high makes you want more and the low makes you not want to login. Just makes people quit in the end,

RWT will go down because it's not as accessible, will still happen via wild/trade but people will think twice imo.

• 4 months later...