Gaming and runescape

Erika.

A lot of people always mentions how gaming or Runescape in particular "ruined" their lifes.

But has it affected your life in a good way somehow? 

For me it really improved my english since it's not my native language and I don't regret it at all. And ofcourse I met a lot of amazing people through the years by being in this community.

And typing speed! It's mad, my teacher was amazed when we had to type big texts at school. LOL

Runearquero

It stills help me escaping from depression, also I learned english in Runescape before taking any classes, I made a lot of friends IRL from Runescape, I can't imagine how my life would be without it

• Like 1

Robelink

First, it drastically improved my English. Since I started playing when I was 8 years old, I was speaking better English than most of my older friends.

Secondly, and I've already discussed this with Evizu before, I joined VR when I was 14. Runescape and VR also helped shaping my personality since a very young age. Sometimes for the good, but also for the bad. But I regret nothing.

One thing I should have slowed down was that I would skip school entirely so I could stay during uncappeds. Should have realized that once in a while it's not harmful, but shouldn't do it from week to week and since I was in VR & Hell Army for the most part of my Runescape time, there were times that I did it more than I should.

• Like 1

Elitesensai

Runescape have me lots of things.. good and bad.. 

The good things I think people wrote above, the English is getting way better and the its a very good place to stress out. not many people know that im playing but its really nice to do and relaxing for the soul in a stressfull day

• Like 1

When I was first in VR at the beginning I absolutely loved it. Being up for hours on end doing PKs, the community and everything. Then I quit due to irl obvious but now I am back and things are different of course but I hope to get to know more of the current people in VR and make some friends since I honestly don't talk to really anyone in game (yes I know, lame, I have no friends lol)

• Like 1

Big Bill

the only reason I took economics at school was due to scape, now work in finance because I was good at that, so things could have been very different I guess

• Like 1

Most of my reason for coming online anymore is Runescape and keeping friendships going. People I met only online, I plan to meet up irl with, so its a cool thing to see 😛