Why did you join VR?

9cc

The clan i was in (hostile) merged with a bunch of shitters called Awaken, to form VR. I was tired of new clans starting up and said VR will be my last clan so lets make it work 😃

• Like 1

Rj Deathlord

Was multi BH era.

I'd always been in p2p clans but it was dieing out we used to post our topics on zybez. 

Saw vR posting a lot and started hanging around rest is history

• Like 1

9 hours ago, D2master12 said:

most active pking clan, strong clan, not afraid to take chances, not afraid to fight clans stronger than them, want to be the best

Good shit.

1 hour ago, Rj Deathlord said:

Was multi BH era.

I'd always been in p2p clans but it was dieing out we used to post our topics on zybez. 

Saw vR posting a lot and started hanging around rest is history

The craters? Man that was a good era. DD mid volcano and let them crawl to you 😂

2 hours ago, Evizu said:

The clan i was in (hostile) merged with a bunch of shitters called Awaken, to form VR. I was tired of new clans starting up and said VR will be my last clan so lets make it work 😃

When was the merge? We talking 05-09 era?

28 minutes ago, 9cc said:

When was the merge? We talking 05-09 era?

August 2006 :P

Hostile & Awaken merged to form VR. Pretty unique origins. I don't think there's ever been a successful merge before or after.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, 9cc said:

Hey I had no idea how to feel or be apart of a clan myself until you invited me. So far seems to be an awesome community and group of people. Very grateful for the invite. 👊

Tocksicks a massive noob too, wait til you meet the rest 

• Like 1

Wind Mane

Joined VR in 2009ish since I was in a P2P clan, wanted to join a F2P clan.

Rejoined in 2020 after making a comeback to the clan world. I knew some VR people from my time in 2009 as well as friends from FF. Plus VR is the most active clan in the game by far, great leadership, friendly community.

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 4:47 PM, 9cc said:

Why did you join/choose VR and what got you into clanning?

I got into runescape via miniclip back in 06 or so. I'd do the chores and run down to Blockbuster in the summer to get the scratchoff membership cards. I remember looking up quest guides on youtube and I got a pk vid in the related links and from there started to mess around with pking. The big thing I used to love doing was camping under the marker plant next to the GE tunnel and claw stacking people when they came through the shortcut. I met Nabid5 that way and he invited me to join his team. I ran for a few years with him in LP but they all quit/disbanded when EOC dropped.

I played pretty steadily all the way up through high school, tried to stick with it but EoC made leveling too easy and after leveling like all the skills I wanted I ended up quitting until winter 2017-2018. Came back to playing and after leveling up again in OSRS I got the pk itch. I started back in with just solo messing around in revs and after I helped a crackhead kill a pker that was on me he invited me to his small band of open cc friends and then one of those mutuals invited me over to CPK.

I basically learned how to sweep and to a lesser extent the RS meta at large in CPK, and since nobody else would start trips, I just kind of picked up calling. CPK's trips fit really well into my job at the time. I left shortly before they flipped to the whole protection scheme thing fall of 2019. Thanks to running trips in an open CC it seems like I know someone in every single clan all the way across the scene. I had Belledelphne ask me if he wanted to join a new team he was opening, which coincided within a week of the whole CPK flipflopping, so I went for it. I was in TA up until a week ago and after Belle left, the other council members came to a leadership direction choice I didn't agree with. I'd talked with mizzbehavin a few times shortly before/while this all went down over in TA and one thing to another and I was invited over here. It's just one of those things that lined up and seems like it just fell into place so here we are. Hope it goes well

• Like 1